Re: [SLUG] Are md5sums errors frequent?

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 16:48:51 EDT

> Well, a small lottery. ISTR the Florida Lotto (pick 6 balls out of 40) is
> 13 billion or so combinations.

Tho a bit OT, isn't the FL Lotto 54 (or 55) balls? 40 balls gives 2.76E9 and
if the pool is 55, 20.8E9. I get 2^128 = 3.4E38...indeed a modest number ;)

> Try the "-pad" option to cdrecord (or equivalent). You can check the ISO
> before you burn it with isoinfo, to save time and a coaster.
Yeah, I tinkered with that. I should have checked to iso's before burning,
but since I haven't had problems before I forged ahead. I'm a "believer"
now.

> Bad cached copy?
Makes more sense that pure random error.

Don