Re: [SLUG] Thee Art of Xen

From: Kwan Lowe (kwan@digitalhermit.com)
Date: Wed Jul 26 2006 - 23:36:48 EDT

> Would anyone else like to talk more at length about this topic.
> Virtualization/Paravirtualization is a hobby of mine.

I've been using Xen for my web and file server for several months now. So far it's
working well. I'm impressed with how easy it now is to build out a new server. Edit
one file, run one command, and within twenty minutes I can have a fully installed
machine ready for login.

At work I use lots of AIX LPARs and VPARs. Xen is not quite up to that level yet,
but gaining very rapidly.

--
* The Digital Hermit   http://www.digitalhermit.com
* Unix and Linux Solutions   kwan@digitalhermit.com