Re: [SLUG] Recovery tips

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jul 29 2006 - 22:20:34 EDT

> How does other list members proceed in diagnosing a linux system that
> refuses to boot??

   To make it easy on myself, I always have two bootable HD in my confuser.
Each has script files set to fix "the other drive."
If /dev/hda fails to boot to any extent I reboot into the other, umount
/dev/hda and run my fixhda script file that saves me typing:
   reiserfsck /dev/hda1 --fix-fixable
   If that doesn't fix it I follow the instructions to repair the tree.
I have never failed to get /dev/hda back to normal. (or the others)
(it is usually caused by the wrong number of leaves somewhere) ???

--
    Ron  KA4INM