RE: [SLUG] Ubuntu/kubuntu

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 17:07:28 EDT

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006, Mason Mullins wrote:

> Ubuntu is set up to use sudo for most things. There is no root password set
> by default but it's easy enough to set one up using "sudo passwd root".
>
> I run Slackware but I do play around with others. Ubuntu isn't bad but I
> found the sudo thing annoying and set up a regular root account so as to be
> able to "su" when needed.

You mean, you set root's shell to something "real", not /bin/false or
similar? I pretty much have a normal account for root, except it's in a lot
of groups, and important files are owned by it, and it can't log in by ssh.

--
-eben    QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP    http://royalty.no-ip.org:81
SCORPIO:  Get ready for an unexpected trip when you fall screaming