[SLUG] [SFD] Tampa SFD events in the works

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 02 2006 - 21:34:50 EDT

Hello fellow Sluggers. As I mentioned a few weeks ago, Software Freedom Day
will take place on Saturday, September 16. This year I have made
arrangements with two locations in Tampa to host SFD events: The Museum of
Science and Industry will once again allow us to present a Free Software
exhibit in their lobby from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. on SFD. Additionally,
Mirta's Gallery and Coffee House (1/2 block from the University of Tampa)
will allow us to give a similiar presentation during the evening from 7 p.m.
until 11 p.m. on the same day.

Volunteers will be needed at both events to explain what Free Software is
all about and to distribute CD's so please consider doing this if you would
like to help out. If you are unable to attend either event there are still
other ways that you could contribute such as helping to promote our events
with friends, family and _especially_ the local media. Event details as well
as promotional materials are available on the Software Freedom Day wiki:

http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/america/USA/FL/Tampa

I would like to have a planning and brainstorming session in the near future
for those interested in helping out with SFD but I would like input on a
good way to go about this. Does an evening meeting in
irc://freenode.net/slug.fl sound like a good idea? Should it be a topic of
discussion at the next Tampa SLUG meeting?

-Jonathon