Re: [SLUG] SLE 10 is now shipping.- corrected insited and updated

From: John Pugh (jpugh@novell.com)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 10:45:05 EDT

<200608030944.24979.steve@szmidt.org>, steve szmidt <steve@szmidt.org>
wrote:

> On Thursday 03 August 2006 09:06, John Pugh wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm getting annoyed over what seems like muddled yum support.
>>
>> Care to elaborate?
>
> I could not get it to make a correct query as insisted on giving SL-
NULL as
> the SuSE version number. It fails to go to the correct dir and tries
another

> repo. Over and over....
>
> -- AHA, it was apparently a problem with repo's updating to SuSE's
new naming
> scheme. I would abort after so many failed attempts. To find the
problem I
> was having I just let it run. After so many failed repo's it found
one that
> had been updated and it worked.
>
> Then I tried to add a repository to ZMD and followed these notes:
> http://jamesots.blogspot.com/2006/05/working- zmdruglibzyppzenworks-
setup.html

> ZMD wakes up and then complains:
> Failed to parse XML metadata: Unsigned file '/repodata/repomd.xml
>
> A typical example:
> rug sa -- type zypp
ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/10.1/ Packman

> This is the first time I've try to add or modify any packet
management stuff

> under SuSE so I don't know what I'm missing.

First...need to update the zmd packages if you are running openSUSE
10.1 (there are other updates coming that incorporate the working as
designed parts of SLED10 into openSUSE 10.1 - it's currently in QA).
SLED 10 will work, however ZMD does not like/allow unsigned
repositories. Add unsupported repositories via software management if
you are running SLED10. Not sure if this will be "fixed" or if there is
a workaround at present...I'll keep digging.

JP