Re: [SLUG] dark line on monitors

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 03 2006 - 10:58:27 EDT

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Steven Buehler wrote:

> On 8/3/06, Bob Foxworth <rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I noticed a couple of dark lines that ran across it, East to West, in
>> > one row of pixels each.
>>
>> You might want to use a jeweler's loupe to study the exact nature of the
>> line. So far it seems it could be due to either cause.
>>
>> You could try one of those diag programs that make the
>> screen show solid colors and see if the appearance of the
>> line is color-dependent.

> I had the issue with a Sony Trinitron monitor; it's a special
> antiresonance wire that is placed by the manufacturer just behind the
> screen. It's intended to be thin enough that most folks won't notice
> it unless they're eagle eyed like you. :-)

Try changing resolutions. If it still shows up at the same place, with the
same width (inches not pixels), it's in the tube.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   http://royalty.no-ip.org:81

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.