Re: [SLUG] DVD ripping at Circuit City

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2006 - 17:21:43 EDT

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006, Robin 'Roblimo' Miller wrote:

> steve szmidt wrote:
>> As I'm sure a few of you have seen, Circuit City is offering a new service
>> copying DVD's.
>>
> <snip>
>> How long before other chains follow suit... Very interesting as tehy could
>> in fact end the abuse of DMCA as this progresses.
>
> The music/video store of the future will have listening/viewing "sample"
> stations and buttons to burn your CD on the spot. The bookstore of the future
> will have sample copies of many titles, "sample" stations where you can read
> through just about any book on the market, and a PoD (Print on Demand) system
> in the back room that will print your books for you while you suck down
> drinks and eat pastry.
>
> Only a matter of time, chilluns.

That'll be an extra-cost option. Default action will be to put a link on
your smart card to download it or to email the link to you.

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.no-ip.org:81

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy of being called an idea at all. -Oscar Wilde ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.