Re: [SLUG] Wifi security fun with your neighbors.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Mon Aug 07 2006 - 13:00:00 EDT

On Monday 07 August 2006 12:21, Levi Bard wrote:
> > Anyone familiar with USC 2252C ?
> >
> > As such, it is apparently illegal now to redirect people to obscene
> > content they didn't intend on receiving:
> >
> > http://shii.wordpress.com/2006/07/26/goatse-now-illegal-in-the-united-sta
> >tes/
>
> Yes! I still need to find some suitably obscene content to put into
> my email sig by way of protest.

Only that their intended "audience" are to stop porn and the like from being
presented as anything but what it is. It's like your surprise when you go to
whitehouse.com instead of .gov. That one I blame on whoever that did not
redirect .com and .net to .gov as the real culprit. (But that was back in the
days when people respected the intended use of those top level domains.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.