Re: [SLUG] growisofs limitation??

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 11:07:40 EDT

> I tried an "-overburn" also. Same result. Usually an overburn will work, no?
> Even if it cuts off the end of the image, no?
> I also checked the properties of the file. It said"Size 4.2GB
> (4,542,660,724B)" Maybe that is the problem?
>
> Thanks for trying to help make this work. Appreciated.

OH! (Forehead slap) Even though a DVD can be up to 4.37G, the
maximum size for a single VOB is (iirc) 1G. It looks like you had
trouble processing the vob directly with dvdauthor before; I've had
this sometimes, and demuxing/remuxing the mpeg stream can help.

(install mpgtx and mjpegtools)
mpgdemux movie.mpg
mplex -f 8 chunk* -o movie.mpg
rm -rf dvdfs/