Re: [SLUG] DWG Viewer for linux

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 22:39:58 EDT

On 8/9/06, Ken Elliott <kelliott11@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> >> Why not use some form of e-mail and be done with it? How do they
> determine who is eligible or not?
>
> I suspect they need paper for legal reasons. It is a product for
> developers, not end users. That may be part of the problem. I'll ask Evan
> next time I see him. I agree that it is odd, but Evan would certainly do
> email unless there is a reason not to. He's one of the sharpest guys I
> know.

Must be, I filled out the on line part, and it then passed me to a .pdf down-
load which I have to read and initial on each page and send it back snail
mail...

I just saw a e-mail come in from them and it shows a login and password,
so perhaps I can get the files without waiting on the approval. If so then it
is not such a problem. The combination of filling the thing out and being
told in print that they had to have the document to progress on sure made it
look like there was nothing to be done until after the document was received
by them. Then the e-mail came in, I shall see.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;