Re: [SLUG] Permission denied to CF card.

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2006 - 23:47:36 EDT

>> >I upgraded my laptop to SuSE 10.1, all appears well until I go to
>> load a removable memory card from a camera, when I insert it, I get a little
>> window poping up (like on xp... guess that is good for those that like
>> that) asking me if I want to open it as a directory or view the
>> pictures in it, I just want to open it, and when I click on open it, I get
>> permission denied, Same thing goes if I just do as I have always done in the
>> past, go to /media/usbdisk and poke around in it, getting what I want out or
>> putting a file in there to put on someone's machine. What I finally
>> did to get it to where I could do something with it was do a mount, that
>> took care of it, the thing appears in fstab, but for some reason it looks like
>> it is not being mounted.

   mtab and "mount in a console" should be what shows that which is currently mounted.
file system devices can be mounted and not be in fstab.

>> > It worked just fine in 10.0, but when I did the upgrade guess it
>> went too well and JUST had to do SOMETHING to make me gripe...
>> Novell upgraded 10.1 by removing autofs and not replacing it with
>> anything else. And we thought only Microsoft broke things and called
>> it an upgrade.

> Awww ratz... I use that a lot, now I am going to have to figure out
> something better. I did a google and saw no nice solution to it.

  And when you manually try to mount it what happens?
Are you trying to mount it with: mount -t vfat ?
After you copied it's data off and reformatted it, did it automount?

--
    Ron  KA4INM