Re: [SLUG] iPOD conversion etc.

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2006 - 23:26:12 EDT

On 8/14/06, Mark Banschbach, SFO <mrbear37@yahoo.com> wrote:

> OK guys here is the deal..
>
> My Wife.. a long time Micro-shaft devotee finally
> got around to saying that if we could convert laptop
> and iPOD without loosing the data (this is an 80 GIG
> iPOD and of course she has more data on the iPOD than
> her system will hold. ).... she would be willing to
> shed the yoke of oppression.. and become a penguin..
>
> I know about nothing about iPODs.. except that I
> believe she has a mixture of MP3 and WMA files on her
> iPOD.

A. iPods do not play WMA files. if it does then it is not an "iPod" .
2. iPods used in the term of Apple branded mp3 player use a drm version of
mpeg4 audio known as AAC. Protected by Apple's Fair Play II DRM.
B. I would suggest keeping any drm music off the ipod by use a windows
applicatoin call TuneBite that creates a virtual 2nd digital sound card that
enables Hi speed dubbing of your legit drm based music in to universally
accept mp3 or ogg file formats. Though I would pick mp3 unless you want to
flash your wifes ipod with linux.

.