[SLUG] Software Freedom Day news

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Aug 17 2006 - 02:43:19 EDT

Software Freedom Day 2006 is only a month away. Here are some brief updates
for those of you who are interested:

SFD Contests
IBM and Software Freedom International, the organization behind SFD, are
sponsoring several SFD contests this year. Some of the contest categories
include best event publicity, best SFD event photo, best media coverage, and
best localised SFD logo. Head over to
http://softwarefreedomday.org/Competition2006 to find out how you can win a
prize and gain some recognition for our team.

Official SFD T-Shirts
SFD t-shirts may be purchased at http://tinyurl.com/h3kgl. Profits will help
to cover t-shirt costs for SFD teams in developing nations. If you are
interested in ordering a t-shirt for yourself or for one of our SFD event
volunteers, please let me know soon so that it can be shipped with the other
SFD materials that are being sent to our team.

IRC Meeting for Volunteers
Next Tuesday, August 22, at 7 p.m. there will be a planning and
brainstorming session on irc://freenode.net/slug.fl for SLUG volunteers. The
main topic will be ideas for promoting SFD and how we will carry them
through. Please attend if you would like to help spread the word about the
great SFD events that members of SLUG are bringing to Tampa this year.

SFD Team Wiki
As a reminder, details for our SFD events, volunteer information and
promotional material are available on the SFD wiki at
http://softwarefreedomday.org/teams/america/USA/FL/Tampa. I have recently
added a press release for our team in case anyone else would like to use it.

-Jonathon