RE: [SLUG] Printers redux

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Aug 20 2006 - 20:05:33 EDT

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Ken Elliott wrote:

>>> Color is not necessary...
>>> Cheap renewables (per page at least) is a big bonus.
>>> Can anybody recommend (or de-recommend) one?
>
> Lowest consumables cost would be a laser printer type.

Warmup time's usually a killer for laser printers though. Warmup time for
an inkjet is darn near 0. Too, for a couple copies a day, it's not that big
a savings.

> HP LaserJet 3050 ($299), if sheet feed is ok. Worthless for copying books,
> however.

Forgot to mention -- it needs to be flatbed.

> HP LaserJet 3055 ($399), if you need a flatbed scanner.

http://shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/product_detail.do?product_code=Q6503A%23ABA

Um, I see $500 (OK, $0.01 less) for that one. Did they raise the price or
was that an oopsie?

--
"Never go off on tangents, which are lines that intersect a curve at
only one point and were discovered by Euclid, who lived in the 6th