Re: [SLUG] Verizon V620 dropping calls in less than a minute

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 16:32:30 EDT

On Sunday 03 September 2006 15:59, Chuck Hast wrote:
> Pete,
> When I used to do cellular coverage studies for mobile data services, I
> found a bit more out about the operation of these things. Those that offer
> CDMA as the network system have a piece that still depends on the old
> DUN (Dial Up Network) dialer, that piece has a timer that will drop the
> connection between the subscriber unit and the tower, but the overlaying
> connection still remains.

Hi Chuck!

Looking at kppp now. The pppd timeout was 30 seconds, I ran it up as high as
it would go, 60 seconds. It is set to disconnect on x server shutdown, but
that is like shutting down KDE, isn't it?

There are two redial options unset, one to redial on disconnect the other to
redial on no carrier. What I am seeing when it messes up is that there are a
lot of bytes going out and none coming in.

What do you think?

Regards,

Pete