Re: [SLUG] Verizon V620 dropping calls in less than a minute

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2006 - 17:40:48 EDT

Yeah that is the big problem pete with Celluar Data and linux is there is no
effective ways of telling signal strength, unelsess it is something they
built into the driver. Like on my old GPRS card Siera Wireless 750 I could
query it with a long drawn out perl script, but it was a function of the
driver that was made for it. That is why I still dual boot. For those
peesky things that you need diagnostics on and the manufacture only supports
windows.