[SLUG] XFS, Reiser, and Ext3

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter30@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2006 - 13:50:09 EDT

I don't want to start a war here, but I need a little help. Let me expain. I am going to install
SUSE 10 or 10.1. I have been running 9.3 for a long time. It is time I get up to date on things.
 I have been using Reiser and it has helped in restoring my system when it has crashed.

I have read some article about Reiser and basicly they said it is not ready for public use. Is
that true?

Ext3 is what I have used in the past, but I don't like it. It was slow and I had more problems
with it. Maybe it was disto and version but I am warming to the idea of using it again.

XFS is somthing that I have not used before. How stable is it? Who is using it and for how long?
 Pros and Cons?

Thanks for the hate mail. HaHaHa...

William