Re: [SLUG] wanted: hacker for small SFD script

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 10:10:28 EDT

On 9/13/06, Sick Twist <thesicktwist@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >From: Eben King <eben01@verizon.net>
> >To: slug@nks.net
> >Subject: Re: [SLUG] wanted: hacker for small SFD script
> >Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:31:34 -0400 (EDT)
> >
> >xdaliclock -countdown 'Sep 16 11:30:00 2006' -fullscreen -font '-*-new
> >century schoolbook-medium-r-*-*-300-*-*-*-*-*-*-*'
> >
> >but the time would have to be changed at every invocation. Running it
> like
> >so:
> >
> >mplayer $MOPTIONS ; xdaliclock $XOPTIONS
> >
> >would start with no chance of being wrong, even if somebody pauses or FFs
> >the movie.
>
> Ooo--xdaliclock is neat. I didn't know about that one. I just read in the
> man page that it can be displayed on the root windows. Maybe adding 30
> minutes to the current time and passing that to xdaliclock on the root
> window before invoking mplayer would work? Thanks for helping out with
> this.
>
> Jonathon

How about not scaring people way from opensource by not showing them the RMS
video. RMS is a nutjob and people will precieve opensource as something
used by created by Nutjobs (note all programmers be it open source or closed
source but they dont know that. )

Microsoft should do the opensource community a favor and let RMS sleep with
the fishes at the bottom of Lake Bill.