Re: [SLUG] wanted: hacker for small SFD script

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 10:48:48 EDT

On 9/13/06, Levi Bard <taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com> wrote:

> > How about not scaring people way from opensource by not showing them the
> RMS
> > video. RMS is a nutjob and people will precieve opensource as something
> > used by created by Nutjobs (note all programmers be it open source or
> closed
> > source but they dont know that. )
> >
> > Microsoft should do the opensource community a favor and let RMS sleep
> with
> > the fishes at the bottom of Lake Bill.
>
> Get back under your bridge! The billy goats will be along shortly!
>
> Seriously, without RMS, you would never have heard of this thing
> called "linux" because it would be a little toy you would run in an
> emulated environment, or maybe on an embedded microcontroller. Not to
> mention, he's a very good, rational speaker.
>
> Linus is sounding like a wingnut lately, though, with his
> poorly-reasoned rants against the GPL3 drafts. (ZOMG the
> megacorporations will stop buying us poniez!)
>
> Screw the opensource community and their hypocritical wannabeism,
> software freedom day is about the Free Software community, and RMS is
> the perfect spokesperson.

No he not. If you want to preach to people who wear tin foil hats go ahead
and get RMS to talk.

I am not saying that we as a community dont who him for the orginal idea
there is alot of things out there that would not be around if it was not for
RMS, but at the same token I can say there is and was a lot of postives to
Microsoft and Bill Gates in the same area of logic of they did one thign
that started a chain reaction.

Calling RMS a nut job is being nice. The proper word for him is
Extremeist. I hate to get political but RMS is up there with the likes of
Micheal Moore, Rev. Jesse Jackson , Al Sharpton, Anne Coulture, Rush
Limbaugh, Bill ORielly. RMS is so one sided, he belives that he is always
right and he is never wrong, he will not listen to reason or any remote
chance of looking at a situation from a different point of view. His
speeches and movies I seen of him proove it. You make your troll remarks at
me but RMS is really the King of trolls. He is as bad as all those political
talking heads up there.

RMS is not about Software Freedom day, He is an anarchist who wants to do
away with money. He states so in RevolutionOS documentry. Where he states
that he wants this idea to spread to more than just software.

On a side note thank god I will never run into the man in Sarasota as if he
said gnu linux I would just sucker punch him. But I dont have to worry
about that it does not look like he get the first bit of sun at all. So he
would most likely avoide the Sunshine state.