RE: [SLUG] Rumors of demise

From: Sick Twist (thesicktwist@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2006 - 09:20:27 EDT

>From: xcalibre <xcalibre@mindspring.com>
>To: slug@nks.net
>Subject: [SLUG] Rumors of demise
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 04:41:58 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

<snip>
>Next to help our Attendance get back to where they were we need all members
>to help Promote SLUG and Linux. Its team work just as it was for all the
>shows we have done!
>
>We need everyone to help put the word out to let people know about Linux,
>and the LUG! When people see or hear how much it means to some one they
>will be more convinced. They will also then take interest in Linux and want
>to join up with the LUG!
><snip>

[jumps on chance to promote SFD]

It just so happens that there is the perfect opportunity to promote SLUG
this Saturday. :)

Yes, Software Freedom Day is just one day but it's a start and the potential
is there to reach several hundred people, many of whom will _want_ to talk
to us about Linux. Let's invite them to SLUG. Let's tell them about all of
the great meeting locations around Tampa Bay--one is bound to be close to
them. Let's pique their interest with the fact that there are no fees to
join SLUG. Let's seize this moment.

Furthermore, if we can line up some newbie-friendly presentations for next
month's meetings, Saturday will be the perfect time to advertise them.

Jonathon