Re: [SLUG] how can you improve this?

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Sep 18 2006 - 14:43:32 EDT

Robert Snyder wrote:

> On 9/18/06, *Robin 'Roblimo' Miller* <robin@roblimo.com
> <mailto:robin@roblimo.com>> wrote:
>

> > I agree, getting it to where an equivalent number of people like it
> > and Coke would be great. However, I don't think "making it taste
> just
> > like Coke" should be the method of accomplishing that.
>
> Best way to make OpenCola popular is to include "A taste of Columbia's
> Finest(TM) in every bottle."
>
> The active ingredient could be obtained through informal "open"
> channels
> instead of dealing with all that FDA beureacracy nonsense, and the end
> product could be sold by independent street corner entrepreneurs instead
> of through proprietary retailers.
>
> I suspect there would be strong market demand for OpenCola in no
> time at
> all, even with a $0 ad budget!
>

> I would more than be happy to travel down to Columbia to get spent coca
> leaves like the what is used in Coca-cola. I am sure that there are a
> few good people down there that would help me get them into the
> country. As they are a perfectly legal product as they are already
> giving up the extract that becomes columbia's finest.

First, Columbia is one of several cities in the U.S. Colombia is a
country in South America. Second, I believe there is no longer any trace
of coca leaf ingredients in Coca Cola. I believe the caffeine in Coca
Cola is derived from other sources now. Could be wrong, but I just saw a
program detailing the history of Coca Cola, and changes made over the
years in the formula, particularly with regard to coca leaves.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster