Re: [SLUG] Interesting topic - Reiser and EXT3

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 11:21:28 EDT

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006, John Pugh wrote:

> There are a number of threads surrounding this topic, but one in
> particular that is stating that OpenSUSE 10.2, currently in Alpha 5 will
> be released with EXT3 as the default filesystem. Primarily the reasoning
> is that EXT3 has now caught up with Reiser from a scalability,
> functionality, and maturity perspective (h-trees and online expansion)
> that Reiser has enjoyed for many years. This does not imply in any way
> that we are dropping support for Reiser - filesystems live very long lives
> and Reiser will continue to be supported into the indefinite future.

Line breaks! (I added them.)

Anyhow, is this true with modern reiserfs?

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Filesystems/reiserfs.html

I would not use it if it were.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     royalty.no-ip.org:81

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -- Albert Einstein ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.