Re: [SLUG] Firefox Home Page

From: Dave Lowe (davedorm@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2006 - 11:15:57 EDT

Here's what I have done so far:

1) Edit - Preferences - General
2) Edited about:config
3) searched for user.js file in my profile

No joy, I still have the University of Arizona Tuscon as my home page
DESPITE the setting in the browser clearly has my homepage listed as
the default page.

Why will this "branding" not be defeated? I do not recall where I got
the download, but this is getting ridiculous. The only reason I did
this was because I could not get a clean install of the latest Firefox
through apt-get, for some reason the latest was not available.

This one works great, even auto-updates itself when a new version is
available from Mozilla. I am absolutely stumped. Any ideas?

--
Regards,

Dave Lowe [davedorm@gmail.com] Starship MacArthur http://issmacarthur.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.