Re: [SLUG] HP Color Laserjet 4550N

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2006 - 15:20:10 EDT

> have not run into it...the drivers just worked on the SUSE desktop distros since the ~9.1 days. If you only have a HP Laserjet option...I would look for a LJ3 or 4 option since that seems to be fairly universal for pcl printing.
> If the job is getting to the queue...I'd look at the job to see how it's formatted - if it's going into the bit bucket - you may need to find the broken "link". If garbage is coming out on the printer - doesn't sound like the case- then wrong driver or setttings.
>
> Jp

Okay. I got it. Apparently, I needed my sleep because this time
around, I was able to try some different things. When I had tried it
before, I had switched the printer section of the control center to
super-mode. This time, I did it in user mode until it asked for root
password. This way, it went ahead and showed the full gambit of makes
and models. Strange... At any rate, it looks like we have the thing
running on five partitions and three distinct OS's in my living room.
Who needs a coffee table anyway? Thanks for the brain-picking availability.

--Michael