Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 11:13:25 EST

On Friday 03 November 2006 09:38, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> On Thu, November 2, 2006 4:53 pm, Jason Boxman wrote:
> > Who would've thought?
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/y7uksq
>
> Interesting write-up by Bruce Perens:
> http://technocrat.net/d/2006/11/2/9945

Well, I guess dumping the SuSE box two days ago was an interesting timing.
As everyone else I'm not sure yet will come out of this, but Bruce added the
words we all knew was probably lurking there.

It certainly is intersting timing, the SCO case is going down fast now, and
this certainly provides MS with some interesting paths.

I'm very inclined to read Bruces possibilities as likely reasons, they make
too much sense!

Corporate America does not understand or knows the difference between any
distro, all they see is support contracts. If it has a support contract it
must be a real product, otherwise not.

Novell certainly has made the wrong choices in the past, like WordPerfect and
company. their need to secure their future has been on the line for a long
time now.

Moglen, of FSF, like Perens, also seem to think Novell might have violated the
GPL. Details below.
(http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6132156.html)

Until this pans out one way or the other I have now stopped recomending SuSE
to my corp clients and friends.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.