Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 14:04:51 EST

Joe Brandt wrote:
> Novell may very well have cleared a path to great glory for our
> community, but
> it sure does not feel like it. No doubt there will be more
> announcements, and
> time will tell.

And that's the point right there. We don't really know if this will be
a good thing or a bad thing.
> I am numb with dismay, I do not know what to think. Historically,
> anyone who partners with Gates and Co gets eaten alive. If / When it
> happens this time, what should we do. Correct me if I am wrong, never
> before has an American company been labled a monopoly and nothing was
> done about it.
You forgot about Wal-Mart. As many times as they have gotten in
trouble, they have only ever gotten a little slap on the wrist.
> That is exactly what happened with Microsoft. I
> personally despise Microsoft with every cell of my body and have been
> overjoyes with Novell /Suse cooperation with spreading the word of
> Linux. Betrayed to the n-th degree is what I feel now. This is truly a
> sad day.
>
> Joe Brandt

The day's not over. When it is, then let's asses whether it was sad or
not. Don't count chickens before they hatch? That goes for dragons as
well.