Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2006 - 19:15:54 EST

On Friday 03 November 2006 18:59, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Peek at Novell's patent portfolio to see what they've *really* got. Once
> you know, terminate the agreement and start suing at will. So it costs
> you a few billion. Microsoft's got money in spades.

This is what they have done in the past, and I personally knew of a couple of
companies that had this happen to them. That viewing of IP and bail is
probably not very unique, but sure can get costly.

Ashton Tate claimed big damage to their IP after MS decided not to go through
withy their pending deal. This after they discovered it in the next windows
release.

> Don't feel betrayed. Companies operate in their own best interests.
> After customers and stockholders, the Open Source community is a
> *distant* third.

No doubt there's where we find Novell's intent...

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.