Re: [SLUG] Microsoft rides the NERD SLED!

From: Levi Bard (taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2006 - 16:31:54 EST

> That's a little harsh, dude. Yeah, he plugged the product quite a bit,
> granted. But, if I found out that you were a firefighter at a station
> with an aged breathing air compressor that was giving you fits, I would
> make sure that you were aware that the company I work for could provide
> a high-quality new one affordably. There have been plenty of times that
> John posted like a broken record, but was he doing anything more than
> taking pride in his work? It's really sad that there's not more of that
> in our society. He shouldn't be insulted for it. Paul is absolutely
> right. Cut the guy some slack. I don't use Suse, but I think it's a
> fine distribution. There are many things that it does a whole lot
> easier than my beloved Debian. I didn't make my feelings a secret when
> I got a reply to a Q that you caricaturized above. But, it's called a
> grain of salt, my man. It takes all types to make the world go round,
> and I'm not about to give a "good riddance" on this one.

Dude. When a sales guy comes onto a list like this and starts
plugging his product in response to every query about ls and tar, he's
using grassroots methodologies to perform viral marketing tasks in an
effort to leverage his core competencies to further the completion of
his primary action item.

It's unfortunate that JP uns*bscr*bed from the list, and I did
appreciate the few times when he posted without including a
commercial. He seems like a nice guy, and was indeed a good resource
for non-spinnable Novell/SuSE information.

However, when you come onto a list like this with an agenda like that,
you'd better be wearing your robes of fire resistance and your boots
of stoneskin.

--
Tcsh: Now with higher FPS!
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/shouldbefree.html