Re: [SLUG] Flash and Linux Firefox

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 12:45:03 EST

On 11/14/06, Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I typically surf in Debian with Firefox, but until now I have not
> installed the Flash plugin. Flash aggravates me, so I don't normally
> care that Flash webpages don't fully display. However, for a variety of
> reasons, I'd now like to install the Flash plugins.
>
> Normally, when Firefox encounters a Flash page, a little bar appears at
> the top, with a little icon that tells you to click it to install the
> plugin. I've done this several times, and it goes to install it, but
> never actually does. Does anyone know how to actually install this
> plugin on a Debian/Linux system?
>
> Paul

Did it actually do anything. I had this happen. But the plugin really did
install it self just in what it felt the default firefox plug in directory
was which was different from the system wide debian directory for firefox
plugins. I simply copied it over and it was done. So I would check to see
if it actually put any file anywhere like if it said it installed but it
really has not.