Re: [SLUG] Discrimination?

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2006 - 17:02:17 EST

On Sunday 19 November 2006 12:30, Chuck Hast wrote:

> It still irks me that they will force you to use one browser, to the
> exclusion of all others, and in my view the worse one of them all, the one
> that looks like a dead cow to a sky full of buzzards (viruses etc) the
> moment you start it. So that means if you are using Windows but run Firefox
> or Opera to avoid the IE viruses, you are screwed regardless.

Quite. Makes you want to scream sometimes... Hello!!? Wakeup!!

It's the height of ignorance to operate as if only one browser was in use.
I also think it's plain stupid and arrogant to think all are happy to use one
specific browser. Probably some idiot project manager.

The only other reason would be limited budget, though one has a hard time to
think that would be the case with a company the size of Verizon.

I subscribe to sending informative emails to such companies. Cc sales and
marketing of lost sales. (Usually they don't have very much feedback so a
relative small number of emails will be perceived as a higher real number.)

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.