Re: [SLUG] Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2006 - 11:48:35 EST

On 11/27/06, William Coulter <wrcoulter30@yahoo.com> wrote:

> If you would like to Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement go to
> the link below and sign
> the petition.
>
> William

Well I would like to protest your protest!

This is the whole Anti microsoft crap that gives linux a bad name. Why do
people want to protest this crap! Simple to keep a long standing troll
flaming war on.
Personally this is nothing but a good postive step. I have two clients in
which we are forced to use Microsoft products for a few select purposes
where there is no real linux/bsd alternative. They also run debian for
everything else in the server department. Both have already asked me about
moving there servers to Suse 10 because of this arangement. In all honestly
if there is IP issues I think the dedicated opensource community could
rewrite anything that might (keyword there is might ) be in violation of
Micrsofts IP. But to have Microsoft support issues invloving linux servers
intergrating with there own products in priceless.

So this ultimately this microsoft / novell deal will do more good than
harm. As any microsoft ip issues can be taken care of with simple
rewriting of the code.

http://www.techp.org/petition/show/1