Re: [SLUG] Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 15:03:28 EST

On 11/28/06, steve szmidt <steve@szmidt.org> wrote:

> On Monday 27 November 2006 21:59, Robert Snyder wrote:
> > >
> > > There is a point of making oneself look less, for speaking
> derogatorily
> > > about
> > > someone, which you might be trying to point out. Though to be honest
> it
> > > does
> > > sound more like a troll trying to defend MS on a Linux list.
> >
> > Yes to MS I am a linux troll for stating that some things would work
> better
> > with exsisting products with linux and the linux list call me a MS troll
> as
> > I will not go along with this whole Anti microsoft flame.
>
> Anti MS "flames" are only to be expected though, don't you think? Most of
> us
> are in disagreements with MS methods of doing business. Our only (legal)
> recourse is sort of limited to not buying their products and speak
> derogatorily about them to others. The world already tried commenting on
> things that should not be, and they ignored that. Indeed they only made
> more
> covert methods to accomplishing the same.

No as you can be pro linux pro opensource with out going negative.

> I dont feel I should be bound by one OS just because the core population
> of
> > that OS does not like the other OSes.
>
> I don't think anyone says you should, well some are, but I certainly think
> each man to his own needs. But we are not really discussing the O/S but
> the
> actions of MS.

The line about which OS I use simply example. There is no reason to troll
just because a competior happens to be the best solution for the task at
hand

> Now if you feel that I am a troll because of that. Well fine that is you
> > opinion and your more than welcome to it.
>
> I was responding to YOU calling some of us trolls, whereas if anything
> speaking pro MS on a Linux list is more likely to be trolling.

Sorry to break this too you but I am not pro MS. Like I said I am not going
to judge the MS Novell deal until it draws it self out.
Like I said before I am all for giving MS enough rope to hang themselves
with.