Re: [SLUG] Protest the Microsoft-Novell Patent Agreement

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 17:07:19 EST

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 15:03, Robert Snyder wrote:

> > derogatorily about someone, which you might be trying to point out.

> > > Yes to MS I am a linux troll for stating that some things would work
> > better
> > with exsisting products with linux and the linux list call me a MS
> > troll
> > as
> > I will not go along with this whole Anti microsoft flame.

Yes, which is what I checked for above. It just strikes my funny bone hearing
you talk about Linux trolling here on this list. It might just be that you
are not using the same definition of trolling as I do.

My definition of trolling is to pretend to be part of a group you are not part
of and speak against that same group, generally causing dissent and
interrupting that groups forward momentum. Giving the impression that one of
their own is in agreement with an "enemy" of sorts. Like for example a
pro-life person user joining a pro-choice list under the guise of being
pro-choice. Then passing comments indended to sway people to pro-life, and or
breaking up any uniform strength.

I never thought you were a troll, or particularly pro ms, it was just a
comment on what you said.

--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control. A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty. From the Declaration Principles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.