[SLUG] Mac drive size limit question

From: michael hast (evylrobot19@cox.net)
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 14:54:19 EST

Hey all!

    I know that this is a Linux list, but I also know that many of you
are using Macs as well. I've got this G4 for my wife, and she's been
running OSX 10.4.8. I recently installed a 160GB ATA drive as a
secondary to the 20GB that came in the machine. Fast forward to what I
know now after 'sperimenting and Googleing: Unless it's a mirror-door
G4, it is limited to 128GB capacity per drive on it's on-board
controller unless you get third-party drivers. I found a driver by
Intech Speed Drive, called ATA Top-Cap support driver, that will do the
trick to unleash the extra 32GB, but it costs $24.95. Do any of you
know how to do this for free-as-in-beer? Thanks!

--Michael