Re: [SLUG] Mac drive size limit question

From: xcalibre (xcalibre@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 12:52:37 EST

>From what I know about MAC's is that usually as long as it can see the capacity of the drive you can use it.
You will just have to partition it in multiple partitions just as you can with some PC's.

Also perhaps there is a firmware update for that machine on Apples Site. Some times that will help as well.

Apple has always had some weird quarks with their hardware designs. Drive size is one and another is that
most of the earlier ones has almost always had a 4 gig primary partition limit. Next to load OSX on some older
machines you have to use a XPostFacto to get the os fooled to install on older hard ware.

I still would like to get a G4 just so I can keep up with OsX and use it for my Art Work...
Till them I am stuck with a old G3 AIO, 233mhz. Also a old Powerbook G3 233 as well.
which I am dying to get Linux on how ever I have had zero Luck with...

Now I was told both these will unofficially run up to 10.3 how ever I would have to put the drives into a newer MAC and then put them back in the older units and it will work...

Come on Santa just bring me an old G4....

Bill...