Re: [SLUG] VB issue under wine

From: Donald E Haselwood (dhaselwood@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 21:43:50 EST

Chuck,

The only info I have is that I haven't been able to run a VB program that uses
com ports, either. The routine, 'hcload.exe', is used to load and setup a
HC11 micro over the com port. It's a rather simple program.

I tried installing the program using Crossover. The installation ends with
"success," but when I execute the routine nothing happens. Since the routine
checks the com port as soon as it starts I presume it has to do with the com
port. I had no luck with wine, either.

I presume you have the directory '~/.wine/dosdevices' links setup correctly
for your com port, e.g. 'com1 -> /dev/ttyS0'.

Don