Re: [SLUG] VB issue under wine

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2006 - 23:09:34 EST

On 12/5/06, Donald E Haselwood <dhaselwood@verizon.net> wrote:
> [...]

Don,
I realized today that I was trying to select on the VB app the wrong comm
port, now I no longer get the 8005 error, but I do not get any data flowing
across the serial port.

I do not have this directory that I know of, I will look at it tomorrow at work
and see if such a directory and file was created.

I have two programs, one that just opens the comm port and watches for
a data string starting with a radio callsign, as soon as a string arrives
wtih the right callsign, it captures it and parses out the water level data.

Only thing is that it does not get any data from the comm port. I can run
minicom and see the data arrive at the serial port, so I know it is working.

I will have to look into the file you mention above. Thank you for the info.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;