Re: [SLUG] More Wine VB questions

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 12:02:03 EST

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Chuck Hast wrote:

> I think I am talkng to the serial port now. But I have another question. The
> VB app comes up specifying two locations for two files. One is the file the
> program reads from to load data and the second is the file the program stores
> data to.
>
> The defaults are
> C:\EEWrite.txt and C:\EERead.txt
>
> Of course I do not have this in a C: drive and I am not sure how the handling
> of the '\' to '/' done. The programs reside under the following directory:
> /home/xpondr/ms. I need to enter into the window where the two files above
> are specified the new location, of course if it was XP I would just replace
> the
> C:\ with say C:\Program Files\FA2\EEWrite.txt, but not sure how to handle
> this with the VB app in wine. I know that what I am doing is not correct
> since
> it barfs when it tries to find the files to open and read/write.

Can you change the defaults and/or make appropriate links so the files it
uses are (linked to) the ones that WINE watches, or tell WINE to watch the
ones it uses?

--
The mnky gibbering and screeching used to keep me up at night, although
in the lst week or so it's prtty mch tailed off to nthng. The smell has