Re: [SLUG] More Wine VB questions

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2006 - 14:41:01 EST

On 12/8/06, Chuck Hast <wchast@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/8/06, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Chuck Hast wrote:
> >
> > > I think I am talkng to the serial port now. But I have another question. The
> > > VB app comes up specifying two locations for two files. One is the file the
> > > program reads from to load data and the second is the file the program stores
> > > data to.
> > >
> > > The defaults are
> > > C:\EEWrite.txt and C:\EERead.txt
> > >
> > > Of course I do not have this in a C: drive and I am not sure how the handling
> > > of the '\' to '/' done. The programs reside under the following directory:
> > > /home/xpondr/ms. I need to enter into the window where the two files above
> > > are specified the new location, of course if it was XP I would just replace
> > > the
> > > C:\ with say C:\Program Files\FA2\EEWrite.txt, but not sure how to handle
> > > this with the VB app in wine. I know that what I am doing is not correct
> > > since
> > > it barfs when it tries to find the files to open and read/write.
> >
> > Can you change the defaults and/or make appropriate links so the files it
> > uses are (linked to) the ones that WINE watches, or tell WINE to watch the
> > ones it uses?
> >
> > -
>
> Levi, thanks for the illumination, Eban, Levi gave me all of the data, I went
> into the .wine directory (I am not sure how I did not see a thing when I was
> googling wine and com ports but never saw a thing about dosdevices dir-
> ectory. I see not only where the 'C' drive is, but also where my com ports
> are. I also now see where my comms problem is, com1 is linked to ttyS0,
> it needs to be linked to ttyUSB0. I guess I will have to go in and drop the
> link and create a new one.
Here is what I am getting when I run the program now. It still does not
do what it is supposed to but I am getting past the com port selection and
the read/write file selection, now when I try to read or write to the device
connnected to the port, it just freezes. Here is what I see on the cli after
starting the program:
RF-mobile:/home/xpondr/.wine/dosdevices/c:/Program Files/fa # wine
FloodAdvisor_Programmer2.exe
fixme:ole:CoRegisterMessageFilter stub
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 4096 outsize 512 unimplemented stub

And if I actually try to read the device on the com port or write to it, I get
the last message:
fixme:comm:SetupComm insize 4096 outsize 512 unimplemented stub
repeated again.

-
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;