Re: [SLUG] Localhost PHP and Iceweasel

From: Daniel Jarboe (daniel.jarboe@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 23:50:40 EST

> I don't understand this. Works fine on my machine, nearly identical
> setup. Apache2 should be feeding the browser the data, not marking the
> file for download. It works in Lynx, but not in Iceweasel. Iceweasel
> shouldn't even care what kind of file it is. It should just call for
> Apache2 to load the file, and Apache2 should send the contents, as
> preprocessed by it.
>
> Am I missing or not understanding something here?

Based on your description I sincerely doubt this is what's vexing you,
but the first thing I could think of is make sure that Iceweasel is
making an http request to your local server, and not attempting to
open the file directly via file:// or similar.

But of course it wouldn't be that easy ;). Your apache2 configuration
might shed some light on the situation. What modules are enabled?

Thanks,
~ Daniel