[SLUG] fonts and KDE

From: Everett Attebury (everettattebury@gmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 11:07:16 EST

Hello all.

I'm running Debian sid using KDE, and I've been tweaking the look a
little bit.

I downloaded some free ttf fonts from http://www.typenow.net, and
installed them using the Font Installer in KControl. While they all
work in programs like Abiword or KWord, they won't all work as screen
fonts when I choose them in the KControl->Appearance & Themes->Fonts.

Specifically, I would like to use the MarkerFinePoint font for Desktop
icons and Konqueror icons. When I choose it in KControl for the
Desktop icons, I instead get a generic-looking Sans type of font. The
first time I chose it in the Konqueror settings, it seemed to work,
but restarting Konqueror resulted in the same generic-looking fonts as
the Desktop.

This happens whether I install it as a personal font or as system-wide font

Has anyone here experienced similar behavior, or have any idea on what
could be causing this?

Everett Attebury