[SLUG] Video Capture, want to use Linux.

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 11:34:21 EST

Folks,
I need to capture a video stream from a camara, at the same time I have a
sensor that when activated should go into the recorded video and place a mark
about 5 seconds prior to the sensor being activated. What we are wanting to
do is monitor a doorway and when it gets a signal from the sensor it grabs
the video 5 seconds prior to the alarm and say 5 seconds after, the rest it
can toss.

I am looking at trying to do a linux solution, sort of looked at MythTV but it
looks like it has a lot of bells and whistles, though that is perhaps what I
need. The video stream is straight off of the camara so I do not need a tuner
card just a raw video card. I can store the data at a low frame rate indeed
I would rather have say 3-5 frames/sec and get high resolution images in
each frame.

Anyone got any recommendations?

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --