Re: Now: WWRD? Would he do ext4? Was: Re: [SLUG] Robins Article About Microsoft Open Source Evangelist.

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 08:02:50 EST

On 12/24/06, Logan Tygart <thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us> wrote:

> >I have to agree...it came across as anything but a joke, as the
> <snip top post cruft>
>
> Here is a joke, too much fruitcakery for a holiday. Here is a better
> idea for fruitcake [1], You still have time for this/next year's (2007)
> event.
>
> Now for my serious question, anybody given ext4 [2] a whirl yet? It's in
> the .19 kernel and I was wondering if anyone had used "extents." Likey
> or no likey.

I have used it only once on a 4 gig after thanksgiving best buy special
flash drive. It works and it it seems pretty fault tolerant. I had a couple
of times where I was writing information to the drive when one the cats
would attack the wrist strap that was attached to the drive and would
proceed to yank the drive out as they played with the strap.

Though I still like my Filesystems to be made by murders.

The Logan