Re: [SLUG] A question of browsers

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 23:33:58 EST

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006, Paul M Foster wrote:

> Chuck Hast wrote:
>> I have been looking at some web pages, and I notice that at times ff does
>> not display some gif files that are on one page, but does on another.
>
> The first uses standard URL syntax for its GIF URLs, e.g.:
>
> http://www.k3pgp.org/Construction%5CFrontend%5Cpreamp.gif
>
> The %5C translates to a backslash. So Microsoft Frontpage has generated the
> URLs to have this syntax. The problem is that this is *not* where the
> graphics are. They are (e.g.) here:
>
> http://www.k3pgp.org/Construction/Frontend/preamp.gif

I put a link on my page to determine how a given browser treats \s in URLs.
Go to my page at http://royalty.no-ip.org:81/ and look for the text "Does
your browser convert \s in URLs to /s?" maybe halfway down. As determined,
Opera does, FF doesn't. That is, if my test is accurate.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     royalty.no-ip.org:81
Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who