Re: [SLUG] Novell's response to boycott letter

From: Robert Snyder (robertsnyder@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jan 02 2007 - 15:14:19 EST

Rich,

I would like to ask a question, I have had for awhile and have not found a
straight answer to.

Ok if we follow the money we have 30 million dollars go to MS from Novell
and some other amount of money comming from MS to Novell ( ms to novell is
or was for suse support contracts from what I read ) .

But the real center of contention has been this 30 million dollars.

A. Novell has stated that is is not for IP rights or justifing MS's
proclaimed ip rights.
B. MS ( Ballamer ) Says it is for IP rights and Novell paying MS proves it.

>From where I am sitting , I see a bunch of people who scream we hate MS, MS
sucks... Normal fanatical linux user stuff. But these people are choosing to
belive Steve Ballamer? Why not belive Novell when they it was not for IP
rights. Why belive what Ballamer spits out of his mouth.

The rep from Novell that you had a converstation with restates this fact.
And since Novell says it not for IP rights then none of this gpl violation
stuff applies.

So hopefully you can set some stuff straight. Is there proof that the 30
million with out a doubt was for ip rights. Or is everyone just jumping the
gun by beliving MS of all companies and attacking Novell.