RE: [SLUG] Audio storage and manipulation

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 21:30:22 EST

>> Also need to be able to record to disk from mics etc

For Recording:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

This is the choice for a lot of podcasters. Since you already have a mixing
board, you should be set. You may want to use a dedicated HDD for this
application. Sometimes you can have dropouts due to thermal calc on the
HDD, and when some other application (or the OS) fights for attention. A
dedicated hard disc drive solves this issue. I prefer to use AV-rated
drives, so t-calc is never an issue.

Look at some of the podcaster apps. They are designed to cue up music and
sound clips to be fired off easily (radio DJ-style). And that sounds like
what you are trying to do.

Ken Elliott