Re: [SLUG] Projector & home theater pc

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 12:17:26 EST

On Saturday 20 January 2007 15:54, michael hast wrote:
> Well, guys, I think I'm going to haul off and do it. I'm getting tired
> of watching TV and movies on an itty bitty TV. I've pretty well decided
> that a projector is going to do well for my purposes, and that I'd like
> to run it with a PC. Do any of you know what tuner cards work well with
> Linux? Also, if any of you have advice on projectors, I'd love to hear
> it. For that matter, Steve, do you think Sabayon might be a viable OS
> for the machine? I'm open to advice there too. (In fact, I think I've
> discussed that here before...) Thanks!
>
> --Michael

I was just going to say that Sabayon seems a good solution with the built in
mediacenter s/w. It will even boot into Freevo. I've not had a chance to try
the Freevo setup yet but it sure has all one could ask for when it comes to
multimedia.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.