RE: [SLUG] SATA

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 20:07:46 EST

>> Has a jumper on it.
>> I googled a bunch about this jumper and only served to confuse me.
>> ie:only remove/change for "enterprise", "changing jumper increase
throughput" etc.

I believe removal of the jumper will put the drive into high speed mode.
Some motherboards can detect what data transfer speed the drive can run, but
some will not. Install the drive with the jumper in place. After you know
that it works, shut down the computer and remove the jumper. If all is
well, you will see a faster data transfer speed. If the drive can't be
read, you have one of the buggy chipsets and you will need to replace the
jumper (after power off, of course).

Ken Elliott