RE: [SLUG] Spam from forms

From: Ken Elliott (kelliott11@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2007 - 20:01:08 EST

>> And I can't see how a script from somewhere else could feed data into a
form and then submit it.

It doesn't actually fill out the form. It simply sends a page request that
looks like what you'd get by filling out a form.

If I load your form, fill it out and hit 'submit', your form sends a string
that contains fieldnames and data. If I craft a script that simply sends
the same string, your server will react the same way as a form.

You can get around this by creating a series of image files, and randomly
displaying them on a confirmation page. If it requires a human to read it,
you'll likely get less spam. There are other methods, and I'm sure some of
the sharp folks on this forum will offer solutions.

Ken Elliott